Why Greek Extra Virgin Olive Oil?
Often called "Liquid Gold", a high quality extra virgin olive oil is an excellent investment in your personal health as the returns you will receive are priceless!
As olive oil consumption is hitting an all time high, there are now many olive oils on shelves across the world that are not pure extra virgin olive oils. Many are 'virgin' olive oils and have much more free fatty acids, and low health benefits such as polyphenols and antioxidents. Many of these oils do not have great smell or flavor. Many are mixed with just enough extra virgin olive oil to be branded entirely as extra virgin olive oil. Some oils are chemically extracted and many chemicals are added to correct for acidity and other factors. Some oils are derived from second or third press and will be missing many important compounds.
Only 10% of the olive oil produced in the entire world is Extra Virgin Olive Oil. 90% of olive oil produced in Greece is extra virgin, which is very far from the norm. Even though Greece is from the average in its high production of great olive oil, there are regions within Greece that offer superior variants of the oil. Elevation, climate, and proximity to the ocean (cool ocean breezes) are some factors which affect the quality of how the olives grow. The estates surrounding Tsaglis production factory where our olives are farmed offer a unique overall balance in it's aromas and smoothness to, it's peppery notes in flavor. Nowhere else in the world can you find such an oil as this. It is analyzed and tested by International Olive Oil Council (IOOC) approved laboratories showing that it is a natural and pure extra virgin olive oil with properties that are very far above standards set. Tsaglis extra virgin olive oil has been tested to be 0.27% free fatty acids which is far below the maximum 0.80% allowed in order to be categorized 'extra virgin'
Health benefits of superior extra virgin olive oil
There are many different types of oils produced today, everything from avocado oil to sunflower oil, but nothing can be compared to extra virgin olive oil from the Koroneiki olive. There are dozens of proven health benefits of olive oil, many of them are due to polyphenols which are super healthy micronutrients, that you can consume in high doses with olive oil.
Some other health benefits our extra virgin olive oil contains:
- Omega-3 and Omega-6 acids - Which boosts mental, heart, liver, and bone health
- Oleic acid (Omega-9) - Which is known to reduce inflammation in the body.
- High Antioxidants- Olive oil has very powerful antioxidants which reduce chances of many diseases as antioxidants destroy free radicals in the system which contribute to damages in the body's cells which can lead to serious illnesses and cancers. Antioxidants also prevent oxidation of cholesterol in the blood which lowers heart disease risk.
- Oleocanthal- This compound is a very strong anti-inflammatory which works similarly to ibuprofen.
- Protection from LDL- Low density Lipids are the bad fats which are responsible for blood clotting, olive oil reduces these LDL's for better heart health.
- Beta-amyloid plaque removal compounds- Alzheimer's disease is attributed to a buildup of beta-amyloid plaques in the brain. Extra Virgin Olive Oil is known to reduce the amount of these plaques building up.
- Reduce type 2 diabetes- Olive Oil works with the bodies insulin sensitivity to maintain healthy blood sugar levels.
- Antibacterial Properties- Olive oil is known to fight against and completely eliminate many different types of harmful bacterium which may live inside the body.
There are many other health benefits which are worth researching as well! There are even other methods besides cooking that can help your body. Extra virgin olive oil is known to have great applications such as:
- Use in hair & scalp treatments for stronger, shinier, healthier hair
- Used in massage. Your skin is considered your largest organ, and absorbs what you put on it.
- I even have personal friends who take 'shots' in shot-glasses daily to help (and get major relief) from various ailments.